Most homeowners do not give too much thought to the components of a refrigerator before it shuts down, or it comes time to buy a new one. To ensure you get the most use possible from this important appliance it can be extremely useful to understand exactly how a refrigerator keeps your food and drinks cool—and Wright Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Continue reading to learn everything you might need to understand concerning how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and if it is the time to reach out to refrigerator repair CITY.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t too many houses that do not feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a must-have appliance for many years. A residential refrigerator will store your food at the optimal temperature, in order to reduce spoilage and limit harmful bacteria. The concept of refrigeration starts by transferring the heat from the inside of the appliance to the exterior, using the principles of evaporation and condensation.
The components of a refrigerator are. For questions or service call Wright Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is both a pump and a motor, and it is necessary for circulation of refrigerant in the system.
A compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call a professional company if the compressor is no longer working.
A refrigerator condenser is located on the back exterior panel of the refrigerator and will help to disperse the heat built-up from within the refrigerator out into the surrounding air.
A evaporator is located on the inside of a refrigerator where absorbs heat held within it, thereby lowering the temperature inside the unit.
The moment the evaporator stops working, it’s time to call a professional. Don’t wait until it is too late.
Liquid refrigerant is carried through a capillary tube which serves as an expansion device to cool the gas, thereby turning it back into liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat exists to regulate the current temperature throughout the refrigerator, starting a new cooling cycle as it is required.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is very prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and hire a technician in CITY for repair right after an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature inside a refrigerator rises higher than the set point sensors signal the refrigerator compressor to start, and then the next cool down starts. The unit draws in the cold liquified refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and increases the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor directs the warm gas in the direction of the condenser coils located on the back of the appliance, at which point it comes into contact with the lower temperature in the kitchen and reverts to a liquid form.
3. The cool liquified gas continues its trip towards the refrigerator evaporator, pushing through the coils within the appliance and top freezer section.
4. The refrigerant absorbs the hot air from inside the appliance, thereby reducing the temperature until it has reached the best final point.
5. The coolant then evaporates, and will return back to a gas state, and returns to the refrigerator compressor so it can continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is often used in a number of applications and large appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By contracting warmth from one place and relocating it to elsewhere the cycle of refrigeration contributes in cooling a house, creates a perfect storage space for food that is perishable, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of many different products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need professional attention? You can schedule an appointment with Wright Appliance Repair.
Wright Appliance Repair is able to service almost all standard brands and models of refrigerators – including restaurant models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our licensed appliance repairmen in CITY undergo training to repair cooling problems, malfunctioning ice makers, condensation issues, water puddles and leaks, lighting, touch controls, smart functionality and numerous other issues. We know all about refrigerator repair! We really do!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2020  Wright Appliance Repair